Cross & Prior will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
For these purposes Cross & Prior is a ‘data controller’ meaning that we decide how and why the personal data that we collect
about you is used.
use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
- What personal information is
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to make complaints and how to contact us
| What is personal information
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name,
contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow
us to identify you.
Some personal information is classified as "special" data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating
to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive
and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. There are also
additional restrictions on the circumstances in which we are permitted to collect and use criminal conviction data.
of personal data
| The information we collect
We only gather the personal information we need for business purposes in order to provide you with the services you have
requested or to comply with our regulatory obligations, as well as appropriate news and information where you have agreed
We will collect your full name, contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address), and future
communication preferences from you when you call or email us, or choose to participate in our offers and programs or
otherwise provide information directly to us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we will collect
information relating to your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport, a driving
license or an identification card) and one form of documentation with proof of your residence (such as a recent utility bill) to prevent fraud and money laundering.
We will also confirm whether you have any relatives or close connections working at Cross & Prior so that we can consider
potential conflict of interests and if identified how to manage these, in accordance with our statutory and regulatory
Depending on the service that we provide to you (or on your behalf) we may also collect additional personal information as
If you are selling or letting a property through us, we will collect your bank account details to arrange onward payment of rent
due to you. Where you are not the legal owner of the property we will request details from you as to your ability to sell or let
the property such as a Power of Attorney, Guardianship Order or Grant of Probate.
If you wish to purchase or rent a property we are listing, we will collect personal information relating to any specific access
requirements you may have in relation to a property so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs. If you are a
tenant renting under the 'Right to Rent' scheme we will collect details of your Biometric residence card, your immigration
status document and/or your birth certificate to carry out our required checks under this scheme.
Where we engage with you to manage property on your behalf we will ask for additional emergency contact information in
case we need to get in touch with you outside of working hours or in the event there is a matter requiring your urgent attention.
promotions, or fill in forms or other services. The following are examples of information we may automatically collect:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- Information about your visit.
| How we use your personal information
Under data protection legislation, Cross & Prior will only use the information we collect to provide you services and offers,
or other content tailored to your interests. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we have entered into with you
- Provide any services that you request from us and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general
- Share your personal information with our regulators, governmental organisations, law enforcement authorities and with courts, tribunals and arbitrators as may be required from time to time in order to comply with our legal obligations
- Protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Protect your interests (or someone else's interests); and/or where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
- Process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests - processing that is necessary for us to promote our business and brands by sending you marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us either which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time
For specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services you have requested from us, please
select from any of the options below:
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a tenancy contact for you
- If you are selling a property through us or purchasing a property we are acting as agents for the sale of, we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal information with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property
- If you are a tenant renting a property under our management or we are managing property on your behalf, we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties
Other uses of your personal information
We use third party services providers who process personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. This
includes IT systems providers and IT contractors to perform a variety of business operations:
- Host our site and deliver our email or other communications
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our services and site, including testing, troubleshooting, statistical and survey purposes
- Perform other services that we request
We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request,
and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
If we sell any part of our business and/or integrate it with another organisation, your details may be disclosed to our advisers
and to prospective purchasers or joint venture partners and their advisers. If this occurs the new owners of the business will
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell or share your personal information to companies
| How we keep your information secure
Cross & Prior takes the security of information extreme seriously and we have strict security procedures in place which are
designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information including but not limited to:
- Our client files are stored on our secure servers. Access is restricted on our secure servers to those within the business who are required to have access to your information for legitimate business purposes
- Hard copy documentation is stored in locked cabinets
We ensure access to personal information is restricted to Cross & Prior employees on a need to know basis and training is
provided to any of those who need access to personal information.
Because the Internet infrastructure is global, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the UK and
the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of
the UK, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. We take all steps reasonably necessary and use the most
| Personal information retention period
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us.
The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or
regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in
case of a legal claim.
| Your rights in relation to your personal information
To the extent provided for by applicable law, you have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we
hold about you. These include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold. Cross & Prior does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe
- Request that your personal information is rectified if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
If we are continuing to process your personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected
If we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw your consent
If we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to our use of your personal information, and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us to continue with the processing
If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation)
If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where we no longer need your personal information
- Request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information
- Ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means we will carry out an assessment to determine whether
we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information, and there may be
some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com
If you have any complaints about the way we have processed your personal information, please contact the Data Protection
Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will try to resolve the issue. If you consider that we have failed to resolve any
issue to your reasonable satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority (e.g. the
Information Commissioner in the UK).
| How to contact Cross & Prior
us by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to Cross & Prior (Colliers Wood) Limited, 103 High
Street, Colliers Wood, London SW19 2JF.
with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. For detailed information on the
be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. Where appropriate, we will notify you of the changes by